Hospitality website design principles are now focused on optimizing for conversions. We found a great article which lists seven (7) conversion optimizing principles for hospitality website design. These are actually the principles for all good website design these days but tweaked to come at them from a hospitality perspective.
Hospitality Website Design Principles
- Encapsulation – “Direct your visitor’s eye towards the most important part of your website.”
- Contrast – “If want to make your call-to-action stand out, it’s contrast that counts.”
- Directional Cues – “Use directional cues, like arrows or a visual pathway to direct the line of sight to an end goal …”
- Whitespace – “White space (or blank space), is an area of emptiness surrounding an area of importance.”
- Urgency and Scarcity – “… use encapsulation to highlight the scarcity statement – ‘Only 3 rooms left!'”
- Try Before You Buy – “Trust boosts conversions.”
- Social Proof – “… social proof is a great way to deliver independent feedback for you and your potential guests.”
If you’re thinking about a new website for your hotel, motel, lodge, b&b, convention center or other hospitality venue, call Luke or Allen today at 413-458-1721.