We found this interesting article about how to implement responsive web design and thought our readers would appreciate it.
Get With the Times: How to Implement Responsive Web Design
“Responsive Web Design (RWD) became an important trend as web professionals sought to provide a consistent user experience to the rising use of mobile devices and tablets.
Last year, we saw the tipping point for digital media where more time was spent on mobile devices (51 percent) than the desktop (42 percent).
This staggering change was anything but a surprise.
And the trends in mobile web use continue upward as evidenced by other statistics:
- 80 percent of Internet users own a smartphone
- 67 percent of consumers are willing to buy a product or use a service on a mobile-friendly site
- 89 percent of people admitted to searching for a local business on their smartphone once a week or more with 58 percent searching at least daily
- U.S. adults spend an average of two hours and 51 minutes a day using mobile devices
- 40 percent of searchers will click another mobile result if a site’s not mobile friendly”