If you’re a manufacturer who wants to continue successfully operating in the United States, you need a great manufacturing company website to survive. This post discusses the required elements for any manufacturer’s website.
Manufacturing Company Website Basics
All manufacturing company websites should be built to serve two primary purposes:
- Convert visitors into leads, contacts, subscribers, etc. or otherwise capture a visitor’s contact information.
- Attract web visits through search engine optimization.
In other words, think of your manufacturing company website as a mouse trap and the site’s content is the cheese which attracts the mice.
Manufacturing Company Website Design
Design for conversions and write for optimization is the mindset you need to have for any manufacturing company website project. Design for conversions means designing with obvious calls to action and conversion buttons. Write for optimization means your content should be written to maximize search engine optimization (SEO) performance.
Manufacturing Company Website Content
The following list is the bare minimum for content you will want to have on your manufacturing company website:
- Contact Us
- Our Team
- Products or Services
- Certifications (e.g. AS-9100)
- Patents or other intellectual property
- Distribution (if you manufacture a product line, list the places where it is for sale)
- Press, News or Blog
Here are some additional sections you may want to include:
- Equipment (especially if you have something truly unique or if you’ve just made a major investment)
- About Us
Written copy is great but images and video are becoming more and more important. Simple YouTube videos that show your facility, equipment and people in action are a great way to communicate who you are and what you do.
Manufacturing Company Website Functionality
At a minimum, here is the functionality your website needs:
- A conversion form with auto-responder email (e.g. Gravity Forms)
- Google Analytics for tracking traffic, conversions, etc.
- Content Management System (e.g. WordPress) so a non-developer can add/edit pages
- Simple blogging tool (e.g. WordPress) so a marketing person can add news, press and blog content
- Mobile friendly so it works well on all devices including phones and tablets
Do you need a website for your manufacturing company? Call [allen] or [luke] today at [phone] for more info or to request a quote.