During our daily troll around the internet looking for news about websites, web design and other topics we think are important for you to know about, we came across this blog post about improving customer experience with smart web design. Enjoy!
Excerpts from Smart Website Design Article
Below are the 6 tips the article suggests as the basis for smart website design resulting in an improved customer experience.
- Engage your customers where they are—Content needs to be adjusted for multiple channels. A customer may view a website on a tablet device in the morning, on a smartphone while riding on the train, and on a laptop when they arrive at the office.
- Messages for me—Don’t send a customer information about a product that they have never shown interest in. If a customer recently purchased a new tennis racket, then send him promotions about clothing options for tennis. Also, if you want the customer to have a great experience, make sure that the landing page for the tennis section is up to date.
- Smart personalization—Advanced Web content management technologies give marketers a view into a customer’s previous visits. A generic 15 percent off coupon is nice, but it’s even better when the customer receives a coupon for 15 percent off his next purchase of tennis equipment.
- Don’t make things too complicated—To make the customer’s experience positive, make sure the website is easy to navigate. It’s frustrating to have to click on multiple links on different pages to get to the screen you want. One of the easiest ways to lose a customer is to provide broken links and poor search results.
- Avoid competing only on price—Holiday sale prices are great, but most companies offer those types of promotions. Customers appreciate it when tips and advice are offered that makes your website one they chose to visit frequently instead of one that simply offers the cheapest products. One recommendation is to share stories about how other customers are using the company’s products.
- Compelling content—This may seem obvious but you’d be surprised how many websites are painfully out of date. There’s nothing worse than going to a company’s website and seeing that the most recent blog post is eight months old. Provide fresh content and the customers will keep coming back for more
Smart website design is our business here at Berkshire Direct. Call [allen] or [luke] today at [phone].